Cosmetics Storage Solutions Remember the feeling when you open your makeup bag and can’t find the right shade of lipstick for a long time, or you search every cabinet in the bathroom to find a pencil sharpener? Many of us are used to putting all our cosmetics in a small cosmetic bag, but as you yourself noticed, this is not the best option, especially if there is a lot of it.
In addition, it promotes the development of bacteria. Today we will look at some of the most relevant ways to store cosmetics.
Organizing Your Makeup Products
Such organizers have an incredible number of retractable and foldable shelves, where it is very convenient to sort cosmetics. Every girl’s heart skips a beat when looking at such boxes, and you want to immediately fill each compartment with your favorite cosmetics!
Often such suitcases are closed with a key, so you can easily protect cosmetics from restless children. But cosmetic suitcases, despite their mobility and convenient functionality, still have a drawback – this is their weight and bulkiness.
Acrylic organizers Cosmetics Storage Solutions
The main advantages of this type of placement:
- Transparency, thanks to which the search for the desired cosmetic product is significantly accelerated.
- Expandable by adding new modules.
Among other things, the acrylic organizer is easy to clean and does not show dust.
Magnetic boards Cosmetics Storage Solutions
A good idea if you are one of those who chooses not quantity, but quality. If you don’t have a lot of cosmetics, but each of the products has an interesting design or belongs to a well-known brand, then this storage option is for you. There are ready-made boards, but you can also create an interesting surface on which all your cosmetic favorites will be fixed. Small magnets are attached to the palette with shadows, powder, and lipstick.
They are vertically placed on a special surface. As a result, you get not just a storage method, but a real creative installation that decorates the corner where you bring beauty.
Features of the place of storage of cosmetics
After you have chosen your convenient way to organize cosmetics, we will analyze how to choose the right storage location.
- If you use organic cream-based cosmetics, then the best place for it is the refrigerator. So all-natural ingredients will retain their properties longer, and the shelf life will be long.
- For other types, this method of storage is not suitable, since cosmetics do not like temperature changes. That is why the usual place for cosmetics for many people – the bathroom – is not the best choice.
- Also, cosmetics do not tolerate direct sunlight, especially if it is powder, shadows, or any other product with a dry texture.
- To keep track of the expiration date of cosmetics, you can create special compartments in your notebook that will remind you of important storage restrictions. You can organize the funds by expiration date and write a reminder on the sticker until which month they can be used.
You can also get Efficient Cleaning Hacks to Save Time and Energy
Q1: How often should I clean my makeup brushes?
A: You should clean your makeup brushes at least once a month to keep them clean and hygienic.
Q2: Can I store my cosmetics in the bathroom?
A: Storing cosmetics in the bathroom is convenient, but be careful about moisture and heat, as they can affect the quality of the products.
Q3: How long can I keep opened skincare products before they expire?
A: Opened skincare products typically last for 6 to 12 months. It’s important to use them within that timeframe to ensure effectiveness.
Q4: Can I use a regular plastic container to store my nail polish?
A: It’s best to avoid storing nail polishes in regular plastic containers because the chemicals in the polish can react with the plastic and compromise the quality.
Q5: How do I know if my cosmetics have expired?
A: Look for the Period After Opening (PAO) symbol on the packaging. Also, if the product changes in smell, color, or texture, it’s likely expired.
Do you have your own interesting cosmetics storage ideas? Feel free to share them in the comments!