How Can You Microwave Cooking Vegetables A microwave oven is suitable not only for heating ready-made meals but also for cooking food. For example, you can cook vegetables in it. How exactly Let’s find out!
What Vegetables Are Suitable For Microwave Cooking:-
First of all, it is worth understanding the principle of the operation of the microwave. Microwaves accelerate the water molecules, which begin to move rapidly and heat up as a result. This leads to the conclusion that it is possible to heat and cook foods containing moisture in a microwave oven. Almost all vegetables contain water, so any of them are suitable for heat treatment in this way.
The Main Principles & Rules For Cooking Vegetables:-
How to cook vegetables in the microwave There is absolutely nothing complicated in cooking, but there are main principles and rules
- Fresh, ripe, and juicy vegetables are best for microwaving. Old and stale ones have less moisture, so they will take longer to cook, and they can also turn out to be hard and dry.
- Juicy vegetables can be cooked without additional moisture. And denser and harder ones are cooked in a small amount of water (but you don’t need to fill it with food).
- It is advisable to turn large vegetables once or twice during the process, especially if they are cooked with water.
- Salt and seasonings should be added to taste at the end or after cooking, as when heated, the crystals will absorb moisture and make the main product dry and hard. There is also a chance that the dish will be salty.
- Use suitable utensils. Firstly, it should be intended for use in a microwave oven (and specifically for cooking). Secondly, the container must be of the right size. It is desirable that the vegetables are placed evenly in one layer.
In this way, you can cook any vegetables whole or in pieces, one type or several at once (for example, for a vegetable salad). The process is simple first, sort the vegetables and wash them thoroughly, peel them if necessary, lay them evenly in a microwave oven container, and cover them with a lid. Next, place the dishes with food in the appliance, set the maximum power, and turn on the timer. It takes 8-12 minutes to cook a whole medium-sized carrot, beetroot, or potato. For chopped vegetables, 3-7 minutes is enough.
You can not only bring vegetables to readiness but also create full-fledged vegetable dishes. We offer recipes.
Eggplant Ragout In Tomato:-
For this dish, you will need
- 500 g eggplant;
- 1 carrot;
- 50 ml. olive oil;
- 70 g of tomato paste;
- garlic clove;
- 1 onion;
- salt and pepper.
- Wash all vegetables, and peel if necessary.
- Cut the eggplant into strips, and the onion into thin half rings. Grate the carrots with garlic, and finely chop the greens.
- Place all chopped vegetables in a suitable container, pour oil, and mix.
- Send the container with a lid to the microwave for seven minutes.
- Add greens, tomato paste, and pepper with salt, after stirring, cook the stew for another 2-3 minutes.
Cauliflower In Cream:-
List of ingredients
- half a kilo of cauliflower;
- a glass of cream;
- salt and any of your favorite seasonings, such as herbs de Provence.
- Wash the cauliflower and divide it into florets.
- Put the inflorescences in a container, and pour cream mixed with a little salt and seasoning.
- Place the covered dish in the microwave for about ten minutes.
Potato With Cheese:-
- a kilogram of potatoes;
- 150 grams of cheese;
- olive oil or butter.
Follow the instructions
- Peel the potatoes put them in a dish suitable for a microwave oven and cook under the lid for about five to seven minutes. If the potatoes are hard, you can add a little water.
- Cut the semi-finished potatoes across, but not completely, to get a kind of accordion.
- Cut cheese into thin slices, and place them in potatoes (in cuts).
- Grease the entire surface of the potato with olive or softened butter (it is more convenient to do this with a culinary brush).
- Send the potatoes with cheese in the microwave for another three minutes.
Zucchini With Tomatoes And Peppers In Sour Cream:-
- three young zucchini;
- two ripe large tomatoes;
- two bell peppers;
- 150 ml sour cream;
- salt to taste.
Cooking step by step
- Wash vegetables, peel onions and remove seeds and stalks from peppers.
- Cut zucchini into strips or rings, tomatoes into cubes or slices, onions into half rings, and pepper into any pieces.
- Put all chopped vegetables in a bowl, and simmer under the lid in the microwave for seven minutes.
- Add sour cream with salt, stir everything, and send to the oven for another three minutes.
Salad of boiled carrots and broccoli with spicy orange dressing
To cook vegetables in the microwave quickly and healthily, follow these simple recommendations
- It is advisable to pierce vegetables with a peel before sending them to the oven in several places with a fork or a toothpick, or cut them shallowly with a knife. Otherwise, the product will burst and lose its attractive appearance.
- If you plan to serve the vegetables not whole, then cook them chopped so that they warm up evenly and faster inside.
- Set the microwave oven to maximum power.
- Time is determined individually. Large, dense, and firm vegetables take longer to cook than juicy and small ones.
- If the vegetable is not ready, turn it over and bring it to the desired softness. But remember that after cooking, the vegetables may soften a little more, so that after removing from the oven they may remain slightly firm. For more information visit our site. Choose a recipe and cook simply and quickly!
You May Also Like:-