Massage is a healing procedure. Classical massage can have both a therapeutic effect and a relaxing one. It depends on the purpose of the procedure when it is better to massage. Classical massage is recommended to be done in the morning, and a relaxing massage will be useful before going to bed. The main feature of the procedure is that it must be performed by a professional. Massage techniques affect the spine and other parts of the body, so the massage therapist must know the anatomy.
History of Massage & Self Healing Techniques:-
Massage is an impact on various areas of the human body through the skin. Most often this is done with the help of hands, but hydromassage is very popular.
Where and when the word “massage” appeared is not known for certain. The most popular are two versions:
- The Greek “masso” means to squeeze with hands;
- The old French “masser”, once meaning – rub.
But is it really that important? The important thing is that they started using the techniques a long time ago and were not disappointed in them. It is assumed that massage began to walk around the world, starting from ancient India. During the excavations, drawings were found on the rocks, indicating people who rub each other. This version was confirmed by small vessels filled with ointments with medicinal herbs. In India, massage techniques have even become a tradition. For example, it is customary to massage the bride and groom before the wedding. The massage of children originates also in this country.
China has become a pioneer in professional massage training. It was in China that the first schools of massage therapists appeared, and the ancient technique of influencing specific points of the body has come down to our times.
But in medieval Europe, massage was considered depravity and sin. Only witches were engaged in it and passed this knowledge by inheritance.
Ancient Rus’ was not so categorical. Brooms in the Russian bath performed a healing effect. Patting performed the functions of massage techniques, and birch or oak leaves gave the body healing properties.
The founder of modern massage was the famous surgeon Ambroise Pare.
Since then, massage techniques have evolved and improved.
The Benefits of Massage in Ancient Times:-
Massage has both a general healing effect and a regenerating one. As a result of massage techniques, the blood begins to move more easily through the vessels and this leads to a decrease in headache, and normalization of blood pressure.
Massage is often used to prevent and treat diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
Massage is also used to rehabilitate the body after a stroke or fracture.
Athletes before and after the competition can not do without the procedure of exposure to the body through the skin. First, the muscles are warmed up in this way, and after the competition they are relaxed.
Massage has a positive effect on immunity and metabolism.
But, despite the huge benefits, the use of massage techniques has many contraindications. And this is another good reason to see a doctor before the procedure.
How To Prepare for a Massage Session?
Massage should not be started immediately after eating. Wait at least 1.5 hours. More than three massage sessions per week are not recommended. Before the procedure, take a shower using a washcloth or scrub.
Come to the massage a little earlier than the appointed time. This will help you relax.
But there are some things you can’t do before the procedure:
- smoke. You may cough when the specialist presses on your chest.
- Apply toilet water, lotion, or cream to the body.
- Drink alcohol. The last intake of alcoholic beverages should not be less than 24 hours before the massage.
- Hide ailments, illnesses, and information about allergic reactions.
If you follow the doctor’s recommendations and find a highly qualified specialist, massage will bring tangible benefits. A proper massage will not bring discomfort but will relax.
5 Ancient Healing Techniques:-
Ancient healing techniques have been around for thousands of years, and many are still being used today. Here are 5 of the most popular ancient healing techniques and how they can be used to promote general health:
- Yoga: Yoga is an ancient Indian practice with several facets, including postures, breathing exercises, meditation, and chanting. It is believed to improve overall well-being through relaxation, strengthening of the mind-body connection, and increased focus.
- Acupuncture: Originating in China over 4,000 years ago, Acupuncture is a form of Traditional Chinese Medicine that involves inserting small needles into specific points in the body to relieve pain and help treat illnesses or diseases.
- Aromatherapy: Aromatherapy is based on the belief that essential oils extracted from plants contain healing properties which can help with emotional stress as well as physical ailments such as headaches and insomnia.
- Herbalism: Herbalism utilizes herbs to create infusions which can be taken both internally and externally. Drinking herbal teas or applying them topically can provide relief from various conditions such as inflammation or fatigue.
- Massage: Massage therapy has been practiced for centuries in many cultures around the world. The goal of massage therapy is to manipulate muscles and connective tissue so that it encourages homeostasis (balance) within the body by improving circulation and reducing muscle tension.
Best Time to Massage:
a. Morning: Massaging in the morning can help to increase energy levels and improve circulation, making it a great way to start the day.
b. Afternoon: Massaging in the afternoon can help to relieve stress and tension that may have built up during the day, promoting relaxation and rejuvenation.
c. Evening: Massaging in the evening can help to calm the mind and body, promoting better sleep and relaxation.
d. Any time: Ultimately, the best time to massage is whenever it works best for the individual and fits into their schedule. Massaging at regular intervals, regardless of the time of day, can have a positive impact on overall health and well-being.
No matter the time of day, massage can be beneficial for one’s physical and mental health; in the morning, it can increase energy levels, improve circulation, and make a good way to kickstart your day. In the afternoon, massage can help to dissipate any built-up tension from the course of the day and foster a sense of relaxation. Finally, evening massage helps to unwind both mind and body in order to achieve quality sleep come nightfall. Regular massage at any hour is an excellent method for attaining optimal health and well-being. For more interesting and useful information visit the website.
You May Also Like:- When Is The Best Time To Grow Hair Faster? Healthy Hair Growing Tips