After knowing all the “charms” of the neighborhood with mold – from damaged wallpaper and the smell of dampness to frequent diseases – the indicator “remove once and for all” is triggered. We are talking about simple and affordable ways to remove mold at home and avoid its appearance in the future.
What causes mold in your house
The fungus actively multiplies in such conditions:
- Humidity above 60%. The problem may be associated with poor-quality sealing of doorways, drying wet laundry in the room, “weeping” windows, and a leaking roof. A frequent source of high humidity in a private house is a damp basement.
- Air temperature 20–25 degrees Celsius. Mushrooms love the combination of warmth and dampness, while significant temperature changes do not frighten them at all.
- Bad ventilation. Poor air circulation prevents spores from leaving the room. You can see the result of this on the walls and in the corners of the house, which they colonize by breeding at lightning speed.
- Errors during construction/repair. The use of low-quality materials and violation of technology can also lead to increased humidity in the walls. And this is a real oasis for the development of mold.
Keep in mind that the fungus grows both on the outer surfaces and in the thickness of the plaster, under the wallpaper. Therefore, removing only the external plaque does not save the situation. To completely get rid of mold, look towards high-quality antifungal treatment and regular prevention.
Mold fungus can be overcome both with household chemicals for cleaning and washing, and with folk remedies (in a non-critical situation). If you work with drugs, strictly follow the instructions. And be sure to test the tool on a small, inconspicuous area so as not to spoil the appearance of the treated surface (for example, carpet or sofa ).
We take this natural product into account as a prophylactic. It is suitable for most materials and places, such as removing mold from a balcony. But wallpaper vinegar can discolor.
- Apply undiluted white vinegar to the desired area with a spray bottle.
- After 1-2 hours, wipe the surface with a damp sponge.
- Ventilate the room well.
Another eco-friendly product for the fight against fungal microorganisms. Baking soda cleans and disinfects surfaces well. To remove plaque from the windowsill and other places, you need:
- prepare a solution of 0.5 tablespoons of soda and 500 ml of water;
- treat the desired area with a sponge or spray gun;
- after 10–15 minutes, clean the surface with a brush or sponge and wipe with a damp cloth.
If necessary, repeat the procedure.
If the spores have settled in the washing machine, after cleaning with a soda solution, you need to run it idly at the highest temperature and a long program.
This natural disinfectant is suitable for the prevention and removal of mold from ceilings, tiles, plumbing, and walls. On condition – if it just appeared and did not have time to deeply “take root”.
- Apply a 3% hydrogen peroxide solution to the affected surface in any convenient way.
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes, then gently clean the area with a cloth or brush.
- Wipe dry.
To remove stains and mold, you can take the phosphate-free Cillit Bang, which works great even in hard-to-reach places.
A powerful antiseptic can be used to remove plaque from smooth surfaces such as windows and tiles. Not suitable for wallpaper and wood products.
- Prepare rubber gloves, goggles, and a respirator.
- Mix the drug with water in a ratio of 1:10.
- Apply to the surface with a sponge.
- Leave it on for 30-60 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with water.
Perfectly removes plaque on the seams of tiles, from the shower cabin, silicone seals, and other places in the bathroom with Savo. The spray comes with fungus and up to 99.9% of viruses and bacteria.
Tea tree oil
When the first signs of mold appear on slopes and other areas, you can use another safe method:
- pour a teaspoon of tea tree oil into 200 ml of clean water;
- treat the moldy area with the resulting solution;
- after an hour, wipe with a dry cloth.
If the oil is not up to the task, use the Cillit bang trigger cleaner to help remove black mold. The spray perfectly eliminates plaque and stubborn fungus on tiles, ceramics, stainless steel, chrome, and aluminum surfaces.
- In order not to harm yourself in the process of fighting plaque, all work must be done with gloves, and to protect the respiratory system, use a mask or respirator.
- Before using special or folk remedies, a compatibility test with a specific material should be carried out.
- After surface treatment, it is better to leave the room, leaving the window to ventilate.
How to prevent the reappearance of mold fungus?
Neutralizing the causes of mold is the most important thing in the matter of prevention. Molds prefer moist, warm, and stale air. So our measures are:
- Maintain the room temperature in the range of 16-24 degrees Celsius.
- Ventilate rooms regularly.
- In “wet areas” (kitchen and bathroom) use an extractor/forced ventilation.
Periodically carry out preventive treatment of “suspicious” places with anti-mold products or proven folk methods.
Interesting on the Topic Maintaining Intimacy In a Relationship After Having a Baby
Act quickly – the main rule when detecting the slightest black dot. The smaller the captured area, the easier it is to remove mold from walls, slopes, and wallpaper.
May comfort, coziness and harmony always reign in your home!