Wash the floor It would seem that washing the floor is the most straightforward stage of cleaning the house. But even here some tricks can increase the efficiency of the process and extend the life of the flooring.
How to wash the floor
It is worth cleaning the floor covering at least once a week, including washing the floor under carpets, if any. When there are small children or pets in the house, it is best to do this twice or thrice a week, ideally daily. Although the latter, of course, given the modern rhythm of life, is often impossible. In this case, to save energy, you can make a cleaning calendar.
When it comes to floor cleaning, follow these guidelines:
- Before you start cleaning the floor, wipe the dust from other surfaces: furniture, window sills, etc.
- Then go over the floor with a broom or vacuum cleaner to pick up large debris and not do double work.
- In the process of washing floors, do not forget about the baseboards, which sometimes accumulate more dust than on the floor itself.
- If you don’t plan to mop the floor throughout your apartment every day, try to clean the most quickly polluted places more often. For example, in the corridor, nursery, in the kitchen.
- Remove small dirt that appears in the kitchen during the day, immediately, without waiting for a scheduled cleaning.
How to wash the floor to get rid of the smell
You have probably noticed that each apartment or house smells differently and, of course, you would like your home to always smell clean and fresh. An unpleasant smell in the house can appear not only among pet owners, it can also be the smell of the kitchen or, for example, tobacco.
How to get rid of bad smells:
- Wash the floor with a mixture of vodka (200 ml), vinegar (200 ml), and water (5 l). Such a solution is suitable for treating hard surfaces and can be wetted with a rag and left in an unpleasant-smelling place until it dries completely.
- Baking soda is an excellent deodorant (eliminates unpleasant odors) product. Pour it into a contaminated place, leave it for 2-3 hours, and then collect it with a broom or vacuum cleaner.
- Whiteness is a product that removes bacteria, odors, and pollution well. You need to pour a small amount into a bucket of water and wash the floor. Important: when working with chlorine-containing products, open the window, and put on gloves and a protective mask.
- Liquid for floors and walls Mr. Proper for homes with pets helps eliminate odors and dirt and easily collects small debris, including hair. Suitable for all washable surfaces. Not suitable for oiled or untreated wood, copper, brass, or aluminum.
Reactions can be different, therefore, before washing the floor with any folk or store remedy, test its effect on a small inconspicuous area.
You can also get How to Quickly Clean The House 11 Efficient Tips
First of all, determine what type your flooring is – parquet or parquet board. Outwardly, they are similar to each other but differ in design. The parquet board consists of several thin layers of wood of different species, and the parquet consists of a single layer of wood.
Parquet is sensitive to the microclimate in the room. To prolong its life, ideally in summer it is worth controlling the humidity in the room (50-60%), and in winter maintaining the optimum temperature (18-25 ° C).
It is also strictly forbidden to wet the parquet abundantly, otherwise, moisture can penetrate the microcracks and the wood will swell. You can wash such a floor with a slightly damp
Rag and use non-aggressive detergents. How to wash parquet to make it shine:
- HG parquet cleaner is a concentrated, freshly scented liquid for restoring shine and regular cleaning.
- Cleansing and care product Glutoclean refreshes prevent discoloration, suitable for oiled, waxed, and lacquered floors.
- Emsal detergent enhances the color and gives the coating a lasting shine, protecting the parquet seams from swelling in case of excessive moisture. Can be used diluted or undiluted for intensive cleaning.
How to wash a parquet board
Due to its multi-layered structure, the parquet board is considered to be more resistant to moisture, but it is still not recommended to pour water on it. Otherwise, the care rules are the same as for parquet:
- Using a soft brush or vacuum cleaner, remove sand from the surface promptly so that scratches do not appear on the floor.
- For a vacuum cleaner, use a brush attachment that does not scratch.
- Wash the floor with special parquet care products.
How to clean floor tiles
Due to their excellent performance, tiles are most often chosen for flooring in the bathroom, entrance hallway, and kitchen.
Soap solutions are not suitable for washing tiles, because they form a greasy film on the surface, and at high humidity provoke the development of mold in the tile joints. If you use a soap solution, after cleaning it is worth washing the floor with clean water.
How to wash the tiles on the floor to shine:
- HG floor tile cleaner perfectly copes with stains, plaque, and stains on ceramic tiles, tiles, natural stone, and concrete surfaces.
- Glutoclean tile care agent is suitable for glossy and matt surfaces, refreshes color and shine, and repels dirt. Can be used for hand washing or with a washing vacuum cleaner.
- Glutoclean porcelain stoneware tile cleaner effectively cleans and maintains, enhancing color and shine. Suitable for indoor and outdoor, polished, sanded, matte, and glossy tiles.
Means for cleaning tile joints:
- HG Grout Cleaner Ready-to-Use restores grout color by dissolving dirt, grease, and soot.
- Sir Trigger is a quick-acting spray that penetrates the pores of tile joints without additional friction and whitens and removes dirt.
- The Glutoclean grout cleaner easily removes even the toughest deposits of grease and grime without harming tiles and grouts. Suitable for facing tiles on walls and floors indoors and outdoors.
Laminate care products
For a laminated coating, as for a wooden one, sudden changes in temperature and high humidity are dangerous. If the liquid is spilled on the laminate, it must be wiped off immediately, and try to wash the floor with a slightly damp cloth. It is better to move the rag or mop along the laminate panels. After that, you can wipe the floor with a dry cloth.
To prevent streaks from remaining on the floor surface, add a little laminate cleaner to the water.
Caring for an engineered board
Such a coating is a two or three-layer board consisting of plywood and wood veneer. Compared to pure wood, an engineered board is more resistant to temperature and humidity changes, and a protective layer of oil or varnishing protects it from external influences.
- Timely remove solid particles of sand, clay, and gravel, which can get from the street and scratch the surface or leave dents.
- Use a soft brush for a vacuum cleaner.
- Wash the floor with a damp cloth, and immediately wipe up spilled liquid.
This is perhaps one of the easiest materials to install and maintain. Linoleum is only afraid of sharp objects and water entering the seams and joints.
- You can wash the floor with a damp cloth, vacuum cleaner, or floor washing machine.
- Remove dirt promptly, otherwise, they may be absorbed into the PVC coating.
- Avoid abrasive and strong cleaners.
For effective streak-free cleaning and shine, use universal floor cleaners.
How to clean marble floor
Although it is a natural stone, it still does not have the hardness that would help it resist scratches due to sand or small stones. Therefore, the marble floor should be vacuumed or swept with a broom more often and the stains should be wiped off promptly – before they have eaten into the pores.
It is necessary to wash the marble floor with special products intended for this type of coating. The cleaner itself must be neutral or alkaline, as an acidic environment destroys the surface of the stone.
Try Centralin floor cleaner: suitable for natural stone inside and outside the house, gently cleans and cares, protects against scratches, stains, and moisture, and adds shine without slipping.
With the basic recommendations for the care of different floor materials sorted out. It remains only to find the time to do it! Proper organization of house cleaning will help you to complete all the tasks in small steps and without fatigue.
FAQs of wash the floor
Q1. What’s the best way to clean hardwood floors?
The best way to clean hardwood floors is by using a hardwood floor cleaner that is specifically designed for this type of flooring. Avoid using excessive water or harsh chemicals, and use a microfiber mop or cloth to apply the cleaner.
Q2. Can I use a steam mop on laminate flooring?
No, you should not use a steam mop on laminate flooring as it can cause water damage. Instead, use a laminate floor cleaner and a microfiber mop or cloth to clean your laminate floors.
Q3. How often should I clean my tile floors?
You should clean your tile floors regularly, depending on the level of foot traffic and other factors. Generally, it’s recommended to sweep or vacuum them daily and mop them once a week.
Q4. Can I use bleach on my tile floors?
While bleach can be effective at removing stains and disinfecting tile floors, it can also damage the grout and discolor the tiles. It’s best to use a tile floor cleaner that is safe for your specific type of tile.
Q5. How often should I deep clean my carpet?
It’s recommended to deep clean your carpet at least once a year, depending on the level of foot traffic and other factors. You can use a professional carpet cleaning service or rent a carpet cleaning machine to do it yourself.